Senior Accountant (CPA)
WHAT WE DO MATTERS:
It’s not just a job. It is a mission. If you’re as passionate as we are about empowering the small businesses of America, then you’ll be right at home with us.
Recognized as one of D.C.’s Top Workplaces each year, Rapid Financial Services (dba "Rapid Finance") is the nation's leading provider of alternative financing solutions for small and mid-sized businesses. When traditional sources of funding are beyond reach, we open doors for business owners. By providing access to working capital, Rapid Finance helps growing businesses achieve their goals and reach even higher.
Our company is expanding. We are aggressively investing in our people and technology to create a best-in-class experience for our clients. Let us invest in YOU.
ABOUT THE ROLE AND OUR TEAM:
Reporting to the Controller, the Senior Accountant is a critical role within our Accounting Team. The successful candidate is diligent with outstanding communication, critical thinking, and analytical skills. The Senior Accountant's responsibilities include maintaining financial records and reports, performing account reconciliations, assisting with close processes, and playing a key role in external audits. You will master your day-to-day accounting operations and respond to information requests by management and for auditing purposes. Technically, you should be able to accurately maintain a general ledger and ensure compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) in addition to working in different systems and data warehouses.
If you are a smart, curious, self-motivated professional with a passion for making a difference, Rapid Finance is your next “home”. We have an awesome opportunity for you in our corporate office in Bethesda, MD, a couple of city blocks from the Bethesda Metro. This position is remote but will occasionally report to the office 3-4 days a month.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE A HIGH PERSONAL STANDARD OF EXCELLENCE, A DRIVE FOR RESULTS AND A PROACTIVE, “CAN-DO” ATTITUDE AND WILL:
- Record and review intricate journal entries (daily, monthly, adjusting, and recurring).
- Assume a critical role in the month-end, quarter-end, and year-end closing process including preparation of elimination entries, monthly financial statements, and the requisite financial analysis.
- Perform general ledger accounts analysis, reconciliations, and roll-forwards, including finance and SAAS receivables, loan balances and reserves, fixed assets, capitalized labor costs, deferred revenue, prepaid expenses, and equity accounts.
- Monitor and develop internal controls, systems, and procedures as appropriate for defined responsibilities.
- Perform GAAP research and draft technical accounting memos.
- Analyze and compile financial data for quarter- and year-end accounting and audit/tax schedules.
- Exercise accuracy in calculating and reconciling numbers from different data sources; periodically test reports to improve operations and for compliance.
- Respond to information requests, review financial statements, and assist with audits.
- Manage daily operational accounting processes including the processing and reconciliation of cash receipts, recording of revenue and receivables, and ensuring that they are accurately recorded in the system as assigned.
- Research and resolve legacy and new reconciliation differences between the general ledger and source systems.
- Assist with key corporate projects such as system upgrades, and process automation and support user testing and documentation of workflows associated with systems implementation.
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES HAVE:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting is required
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) with 4+ years of relevant corporate accounting and/or public accounting experience in Financial Services. FinTech or start-up industry experience is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP principles and concepts; proven ability to apply US GAAP on the job.
- Experience using ERP accounting software, Microsoft Dynamics GP preferred. Familiarity with accounting software integration is helpful.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite, including advanced Excel skills over large amounts of data (VLOOKUP, pivot tables, etc).
- Experience with factoring, loan accounting, or securitization accounting is an added advantage.
- Ability to navigate through complexity and effectively address issues in collaboration with others.
- Able to work comfortably under pressure and meet tight deadlines; comfortable prioritizing multiple work streams across daily responsibilities and long-term projects.
- Have a collaborative work ethic and value-add mentality.
- Have an “exceed expectations” attitude and take on ownership from start to finish of tasks/projects.
- Detail and accuracy are required; must demonstrate error-free work.
- Adept at spreadsheet-based analysis and numbers-based problem solving, including the ability to synthesize financial data into accurate and clear presentations of information
- High emotional IQ – powerful communication skills and a demonstrated ability to work effectively across all levels within the organization – from C-Level to team members, while being sensitive to business needs.
- Strong attention to detail, ability to multi-task, have a “go-getter” mentality, and ability to independently problem-solve and make decisions.
- Ability to lead/participate in audits and special projects or process improvements as assigned, proactively working to make improvements that positively impact the culture, employees, and the organization.
WHAT WE LOVE ABOUT YOU:
- You Love Our People. You are passionate about Accounting. You keep our team members at the center of everything you do.
- You Do the Right Thing. You strengthen your team through respect, fairness, and inclusion.
- You Hustle Every Day. You favor urgency and own your outcomes. You aren’t overly concerned with what’s in your job description – if something needs to be done, you’re willing to do whatever it takes to make the team successful.
- You Win Together. People are at the heart of our success and you play as a team.
- You Want To Make An Impact. You strive to make a significant impact on our clients, our culture, and our future growth of our business.
- You Dream Big. You pride yourself on not waiting to be told what to do, but finding solutions that will support the success of Rapid Finance.
WHAT YOU LOVE ABOUT US:
At Rapid Finance, we support our team members’ growth and desire to live well-rounded lives. Our company is expanding and we are aggressively investing in our people and technology to create a best-in-class experience for our clients. Come work with US! We are ranked a Top Workplace in Washington D.C., Detroit, and the Nation—these awards mean the world because it's based on feedback from our people!
We offer generous team benefits including a commuting/parking allowance, employer-matched 401(k), tuition reimbursement, health, dental, vision benefits, life insurance, paid time off, and more. Just steps from the metro, our beautiful new office includes a modern open floor plan, a free on-site fitness center, a gaming area, a stocked kitchen, and other cool amenities.
Rapid Finance is committed to a diverse workforce an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (M/F/Disability/Veterans). We will consider all applications without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable law.