DevOps Cloud Engineer
About Our Company
It’s not just a job. It’s a mission. If you’re as passionate as we are about empowering the small businesses of America, then you’ll be right at home with us.
Rapid Finance is the nation's leading provider of alternative financing solutions for small and mid-sized businesses. When traditional sources of funding are beyond reach, we open doors for business owners, providing access to the working capital that they need. With Rapid Finance, growing businesses can achieve their goals and reach even higher.
Our company is expanding into the future, and growing rapidly. We are aggressively investing in our people and technology as we aim to create a best-in-class experience for our clients. Let us invest in YOU!
About the Opportunity
The Cloud Engineer will take a key role in the design and administration of cloud infrastructure and applications in Azure. He/she will be responsible for the management and publication of applications as well as research and deployment of new cloud technologies and infrastructure to assist our growing application environment as well as provide guidance and expertise on DevOps methods along with refining and automating regular processes.
This is an opportunity to join a dynamic team and help architect robust environment for our ever growing solution portfolio. We are always looking for new ways to automate our infrastructure related processes and utilize the latest and most efficient cloud and on prem tools. As a liaison between the IT and Software Development teams, you will get to coordinate efforts across the technology group and help us progress towards our big picture goals.
Responsibilities will include:
- Administer cloud infrastructure to support multi-application software solution hosting
- Research and implement security, storage and replication processes and tools
- Coordinate software publishing infrastructure and artifact management to cloud
- Facilitate connectivity and support in a DevOps capacity
- Strong experience with Containerization (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes).
- Strong experience with various Azure resources, services and tools (clustering, user mgmt, storage, security, password vaulting(keyvault) and networking).
- Strong experience with Kubernetes Package Managers (e.g. Helm, Terraform).
- Strong experience with Azure Devops Management (pipelines, approvals, publishes, project config, user management, permissions, artifact storage).
- Experience with SQL.
- Experience administering web services.
- Experience with administrating Windows servers in a cloud environment.
- An understanding of core network protocols and services (TCP/IP, HTTP/HTTPS, REST/SOAP, FTPS/SFTP, DNS, SSL, firewalls, load balancers).
- Experience building/configuring dashboards and/or monitoring for Azure services and clusters.
- Experience with Continuous Integration/build deployment automation tools (e.g. TeamCity, Octopus)
- Experience with database management tools (e.g Redgate).
Sound like you? You’ll be a serious contender if:
- You are adaptable. You can be flexible and enjoy working in a team environment. Expect a fast pace, energy, and the occasional flying ping pong ball.
- You want to make an impact. We are a rapidly growing business, and you will have the opportunity to make a significant impact on our clients, our culture, and our future.
- You share our passion for the small businesses of America and have a desire to be part of something bigger than yourself.
Why Rapid Finance?
Rapid Finance seeks the best and brightest. To us, finding and keeping A-talent is as important as closing a million-dollar deal. That’s just one of the reasons why we have been so successful, growing more than 20 percent every year.
Our team benefits from a commuting or parking allowance, employer-matched 401(k), tuition reimbursement, paid time off, and more. Just steps from the metro, our beautiful new office includes a modern open floor plan, free on-site fitness center, gaming areas, stocked kitchen, and other cool amenities.
Rapid Finance is an equal opportunity employer and committed to a diverse workforce.