About Our Company
It’s not just a job. It’s a mission. If you’re as passionate as we are about empowering the small businesses of America, then you’ll be right at home with us. Rapid Finance is the nation's leading provider of alternative financing solutions for small and mid-sized businesses. When traditional sources of funding are beyond reach, we open doors for small business owners, providing access to the working capital that they need. With Rapid Finance, growing businesses can achieve their goals and reach even higher.
We are expanding. We are aggressively investing in our people and technology to create a best-in-class experience for our customers. Let us invest in you.
About the Opportunity
Rapid Finance is looking for an Assistant Controller to join our Accounting Team. An ideal candidate will have a CPA, and at least 8 years of accounting experience in the financial services sector with the ability to lead and develop our rapidly growing accounting team. As our Assistant Controller, you will lead a team that is responsible for the entirety of our Payroll, Monthly Close, and Payables/Receivables. If you are someone who likes a fast paced environment where no two days are alike, you’ll fit right in with Rapid Finance.
This position will be located at our Home Office in Bethesda, Maryland.
A day in the life of our Accounting team under the Assistant Controller’s leadership may include:
- Managing A/P, A/R, Payroll, and Staff Accountant teams to ensure a timely monthly close from beginning to end
- Resolving daily accounting operations by monitoring activity and diagnosing issues which will include but will not be limited to the following: (funding, payables/receivables, payroll)
- Tackling the preparation monthly financials and complex reconciliations all within accordance with US GAAP
- Resolving US GAAP discrepancies by researching, drafting, and issuing policy memos and financial reporting that will include the following:
- ASC 310 and allowance for loans
- Debt and equity capital structure
- Transfers of financial assets
- Proactively identify and resolve any other accounting issues that may arise
- Automation of complex accounting processes throughout the organization by working with multiple teams internally
- Managing treasury functions by reviewing and clearing cash transactions that will be summarized into various reports to key stakeholders
- Navigating through a variety of complex accounting issues by meeting time sensitive deadlines delivering complex reporting to key stakeholders.
- Developing current team members by implementing a plan for upward mobility internally.
- You have 8+ years Accounting experience, including 3+ years leading Corporate Accounting functions
- You have strong experience managing people in a preferable accounting environment.
- You are an active Certified Public Accountant with experience working in the financial services industry
- You have robust knowledge of US GAAP
- You have prior experience in one of the following roles or positions that are similar; Controller, Assistant Controller, Director or Manager in Accounting
- You have a proven track record prioritizing responsibilities for both your individual and team goals
- You can manage through complex issues and communicate clearly to management and internal and external stakeholders with updates on progress
Sound like you? You’ll be a serious contender if:
- You are adaptable. You can be flexible and enjoy working in a team environment. Expect a fast pace, energy, and the occasional flying ping pong ball.
- You want to make an impact. We are a rapidly growing business, and you will have the opportunity to make a significant impact on our clients, our culture, and our future.
- You share our passion for the small businesses of America and have a desire to be part of something bigger than yourself.
- You understand that change is constant.
Why Rapid Finance?
Rapid Finance seeks the best and brightest. To us, finding and keeping A-talent is as important as closing a million-dollar deal. That’s just one of the reasons why we have been so successful, growing more than 20 percent every year.
Our team benefits from a commuting or parking allowance, employer-matched 401(k), tuition reimbursement, paid time off, and more. Just steps from the metro, our beautiful office includes a modern open floor plan, free on-site fitness center, a gaming area, stocked kitchen, and other cool amenities.
Discover what a career with Rapid Finance can do for you.